Thinking that Virginia Beach is the next destination for you? Well, Axle Movers are happy to welcome you to the area! However, before you start packing your bags you may need a few tips for moving to Virginia Beach. As one of the most experienced movers Virginia Beach, we’re glad to give you a few tricks from our bag to help you out. Hence, here is everything you need to know about VA relocation, and some more. Your long-distance movers Virginia are going to help you make your move a smooth and hassle-free one.
First things first, you will need some preparing to do beforehand
A lot of our customers ask about the suggested timeline for the move. While there are no written rules, we like to advise around two months of preparation. This is the time which you should use to find a place, pick movers and do all the other necessary evils during a relocation process. Count on any bank transfers and utility processes taking up some time, so start them early on. But, what is the first step of moving to Virginia Beach? We suggest beginning with a brief budget plan.
Here’s what you should do:
- Moving binder – a place where you keep everything. If you prefer paperback, there are plenty of moving binder free printouts online. And, if you like to have everything on your phone open up an up and let’s begin!
- Available savings – to know your limits. This is probably one of the most important tips for moving to Virginia Beach we will give. It’s essential to know your limits. Give a rough estimate of how much you’re going to spend on your relocation.
- Broker’s fee – if needed. When you know your limits deciding if you need a realtor will be an easy job. Check out their fees and go from there.
- Movers cost – the accurate moving quote. We will tell you a bit more about moving estimates a tad later. However, it’s always good to use an online calculator to get a free moving quote. This will give you a good idea of how much you will probably need to spend on your relocation.
- Packaging supplies – they enter the budget, too. If you’re not booking a packing service be sure to calculate these into your costs, as well.
- Insurance – if needed. Additional moving insurance can be purchased for extra security.
- Additional expenses – about 10% – 15% of the total sum.
Next, it’s time to consider the benefits of moving to Virginia Beach
We understand that moving house is a process of difficult decisions. Hence, deciding to move to Virginia Beach is a huge step. To help you choose VA Beach over another area, as local VA movers, we’re going to tell you a few perks. They should help you choose to move to Virginia Beach over relocating to another state.
VA Beach is probably bigger than you think
Most homeowners moving to Virginia Beach don’t really realize how big the place is. You will start exploring after you relocate. And, we definitely suggest doing this by car. After all, you can drive for miles and still be in VA Beach. There are simply too many spots for you to visit and explore, after all. Stay tuned to our blog, as we often give suggestions regarding the best spots for a fun night out.
Also, you will love embracing King Neptune after moving to Virginia Beach
If you haven’t heard of the Neptune Festival you definitely will after relocating to VA Beach. Though, we won’t give you all the details here and spoil the fun. Instead, dress festive and head out to the boardwalk. You will love the occasion. After all, it isn’t ranked among the top hundred USA festivals for no reason. But, don’t stop at the Festival. Instead, check out the boardwalk regularly. There are plenty of activities all year round which you can enjoy. The Sandsculpting Championship especially makes moving to Virginia Beach a popular choice!
The beaches are clean like you wouldn’t believe in VA Beach
If there is one thing which really sets apart VA Beach from other areas it’s that people enjoy living clean. This means that clean beaches aren’t the only thing you will enjoy. But, it’s well-known that they are combed daily. The locals pride themselves in having a healthy, clean lifestyle. Hence, there is really no shortage of farmer’s markets here. If you’re looking to become more active, moving to Virginia Beach is definitely the perfect choice!
When you know that relocating to VA Beach is definitely the next step for you it’s time to look for movers
When it comes down to choosing a moving company to entrust your belongings to you’re going to need to be careful. Hence, we want to help you make the right choice. As experienced movers in Virginia Beach, we’re going to give you some information about finding a good moving company. Also, we’re going to tell you about the different services any respectable movers VA should offer you.
When looking for good VA moving companies you will first need a list
When it comes to moving companies in VA Beach you’re going to have a wide array of choices. Hence, the first thing to do is to make a list. You should ask your friends and family for recommendations of relocation specialists. This will make moving to Virginia Beach easier for you. Your friends and family will be able to give you more than just names and numbers though. They will give you information about their relocation experience. Hence, you will know what to expect from these relocation companies VA.
Though, you may not get enough recommendations via word of mouth. Hence, don’t stop at friends and family. Look up some moving companies in VA Beach online, too. Here, you should definitely look at their websites, reviews, and services which they offer. Then, the ones you like you should write down on your list. When you have about five possible movers on paper it’s time to do a more thorough check-up…
When it comes to choosing your VA Beach movers you will need to vet them
After you have at least five companies in mind, you will need to narrow down the choices. For this, we have a few methods. We’re going to tell you a bit about how to see if your moving companies are legitimate and high-quality. Hence, here’s what you should do:
- First, check if the moving company has a proper license and registration. You can do this by looking up the USDOT number online. If you give us a call we are always ready to offer up this information.
- Next, you should also look at testimonials and reviews online. Reading about the previous experiences will help you form a clear picture of the movers. Though, remember to take them with a grain of salt. If you notice a recurring theme of bad experiences, these are probably not the movers for you.
- But reading online isn’t the only thing to do. Call the movers and ask them for references. A respectable VA moving company will always be ready to give you a few names.
- Finally, remember to also ask for an on-site quote. When you’re moving to Virginia Beach an in-house estimate is the best way to get a quote. If the movers don’t offer one, it’s time to strike them off your list.
Next, it’s time to talk a little bit about VA Beach moving quotes
When you’ve narrowed down your choice of movers you will need to get an on-site estimate. At this time a representative will come to your home in order to assess all of your belongings. They will look at access to your home and ask you about any special attention they need to pay to certain items. These quotes are all binding. This means that the cost estimate the representative gives you won’t be changed on moving day. Remember to declutter your household before you call for an on-site estimate. This will give you a lower quote when moving to Virginia Beach.
When it comes to downsizing, here is what we suggest:
- Moving pile – everything you will definitely be relocating.
- Maybe pile – you can come back to it later on during relocation preparations.
- Donation pile – leave enough time to do this. If you want to cut the costs of your relocation either donate in order to claim the tax deduction or sell online. Another way to get rid of some belongings is by hosting a garage sale.
When you have a representative coming to your home it’s important to know about different services you can book
What can your VA movers do for you? When moving to Virginia Beach it’s essential that you’re well-informed about different options which you will have. Hence, we’re going to give you some information about our services. Of course, other companies may offer something different. Remember to ask the representative about their suggestion for your moving package. They should be able to give you a good moving plan for assessing your household.
First, you can only book basic moving services and DIY the rest
When it comes to moving to Virginia Beach a lot of homeowners choose this option. They opt to save some money on their relocation by doing most of the preparation DIY. However, we would only suggest this for smaller homes without many difficult items. If you have a large bed or wardrobe it’s very helpful to have your movers get them ready for relocation. When you choose a basic service with the moving company it will include loading, transport, and unloading. Then, you will be the one purchasing packaging supplies and doing all the packing. We have a few tips for fast packing, as well. As one of the important tips for moving to Virginia Beach, we suggest getting quality moving supplies. You can either buy them from your movers or get them at a local supermarket. But, make sure that they are sturdy.
The other option of services is packing and unpacking along with transportation
When moving a large household, this is a true lifesaver. If you book a moving company for packing and unpacking it will make it a real time-saver. Hence, we suggest this moving plan for large homes, big families with small children and last-minute relocations. When you hire a good VA moving company their services will include their own packaging supplies, too. The workers are trained in dealing with all sorts of items and know how to safely pack them for transportation. If you have anything extremely fragile or valuable remember to point it out to the workers.
Though, we also understand that you may want to save money when moving to Virginia Beach. If this is the case, ask about partial packing services. Then, you can select all the items you want your movers to prepare. If you have a piano or a pool table movers are especially helpful. The workers will know how to treat these items properly while transferring them.
Finally, there is the option of affordable VA Beach storage with your movers
Do you really need storage when moving house to Virginia Beach? Well, we will leave that decision up to you. But, here is a bit of information as to how it can be helpful. A lot of our customers still want to do some redecoration after moving in. This is when affordable VA storage comes into play. You can leave all of your boxes there, completely safe, while you do all the painting and heavy lifting. There will be no worrying about damaging them.
Another common reason for storage when moving to Virginia Beach is the ‘maybe pile’. If you have decluttered your home before relocation but still can’t get rid of some items it’s time to put them away. Storage is a great solution for that. If you haven’t gone to use something from those boxes in about eighteen months it’s time to say goodbye to those items. However, if you still can’t part with them, storage will keep it safe until you have a place in your home for them.